Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A clearing wind


Sitting on the dock after dark on the cell phone to Liz luminous green sky reflected in the water, the sun aglow under the northern horizon, it is time for the moon to break through the night black clouds over my shoulder and a mallard hen and her young to paddle by in silhouette. Three low flying geese honk honk honk all the way to Wisconsin, and my battery dies.

This morning a message: “Your battery died. I am here now at home with Craig. He is watering the garden. We have planted oats and corn and pumpkin and watermelon and potatoes, including blue potatoes, beets, strawberries, beans, peas, bell peppers, tomatoes, tons of garlic, onion, cucumbers, squash and various wildflowers and clover. Everything is doing well and I am glad you called.”



Zphx, June 3, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts Last 30 Days.

The week ahead in Henry’s journal

The week ahead in Henry’s journal
A journal, a book that shall contain a record of all your joy.
"A stone fruit. Each one yields me a thought." ~ H. D. Thoreau, March 28, 1859


I sit on this rock
wrestling with the melody
that possesses me.