Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fireflies


June 3.

The nepeta by Deacon Brown's, a pretty blue flower. 



It has been a sultry day, and a slight thunder-shower, and now I see fireflies in the meadows at evening.

H. D. Thoreau, Journal, June 3, 1852

A slight thunder-shower, and now I see fireflies in the meadows at evening. See June 7, 1854 ("This muggy evening I see fireflies, the first I have seen . . .”); June 7, 1858 (“ Fireflies pretty numerous over the river, though we have had no thunder-showers of late.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts Last 30 Days.

The week ahead in Henry’s journal

The week ahead in Henry’s journal
A journal, a book that shall contain a record of all your joy.
"A stone fruit. Each one yields me a thought." ~ H. D. Thoreau, March 28, 1859


I sit on this rock
wrestling with the melody
that possesses me.