Monday, July 1, 2013

Lowering clouds

This morning  in  a low cloud trees emerge outside the white and yellow lines, turn green, and pass me by. 

Zphx 20130701



We walk down to the waterfall and back It gets dark as we walk and sprinkles on and off.  Buda is with me on a leash. The woods are damp, as it has rained every day.  June is over tonight with nine inches in Burlington as opposed to a regular three. Before the boardwalk we see a flash, then later hear thunder.  A moderate downpour hits just after we get home, i am sweaty and happy. i come up and turn off my fan to listen to the rain.

A flash, then thunder --
Home, sweaty and happy, I
listen to the rain.
zphx

June 30, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts Last 30 Days.

The week ahead in Henry’s journal

The week ahead in Henry’s journal
A journal, a book that shall contain a record of all your joy.
"A stone fruit. Each one yields me a thought." ~ H. D. Thoreau, March 28, 1859


I sit on this rock
wrestling with the melody
that possesses me.