Friday, February 22, 2019

I think of the trees

Sometimes I think of the trees in the forest 
 each rooted in its own spot there to live it’s life

in winter awaiting the flow of the sap
 to unfold an array of leaves 

none of which is in the shade 
 always reaching higher

and the flowers nuts and seeds 
the sprouts carpeting the forest floor

and in the fall leaves 
rustling 
underfoot making new soil 

branches overhead
brattling in the breeze 

fractal patterns against the sky 
I sometimes think of the trees. 

Zphx 20190221


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts Last 30 Days.

The week ahead in Henry’s journal

The week ahead in Henry’s journal
A journal, a book that shall contain a record of all your joy.
"A stone fruit. Each one yields me a thought." ~ H. D. Thoreau, March 28, 1859


I sit on this rock
wrestling with the melody
that possesses me.