Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The second important snow (cont.)



December 23


[The second important snow] ---- there is seven or eight inches of snow at least.

Larks were about our house the middle of this month.



H. D. Thoreau , Journal, December 23, 1860

Seven or eight inches of snow at least. See December 22, 1860 ("This evening and night, the second important snow.")

Larks were about our house the middle of this month. See note to  November 8, 1853 ("Three larks rise from the sere grass on Minott’s Hill before me, the white of their outer tail-feathers very conspicuous, reminding me of arctic snowbirds by their size and form also.")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts Last 30 Days.

The week ahead in Henry’s journal

The week ahead in Henry’s journal
A journal, a book that shall contain a record of all your joy.
"A stone fruit. Each one yields me a thought." ~ H. D. Thoreau, March 28, 1859


I sit on this rock
wrestling with the melody
that possesses me.