Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Spring ephemera.



April 21.



Hepatica April 27, 2024

Pratt collects very handsome tufts of Hepatica triloba in flower at Melrose, and the bloodroot out also there.

H. D. Thoreau, Journal, April 21, 1861

The bloodroot out at Melrose.  See April 22, 1860 ("I hear that the Viola ovata was found the 17th and the 20th, and the bloodroot in E. Emerson's garden the 20th.");  April 23, 1858 ("I receive to-day Sanguinaria Canadensis [bloodroot] from Brattleboro, well in bloom,")

bloodroot



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts Last 30 Days.

The week ahead in Henry’s journal

The week ahead in Henry’s journal
A journal, a book that shall contain a record of all your joy.
"A stone fruit. Each one yields me a thought." ~ H. D. Thoreau, March 28, 1859


I sit on this rock
wrestling with the melody
that possesses me.