Thursday, August 24, 2023

The universe built round us.

August 24. 


Let us wander where we will, the universe is built round about us, and we are central still. 

By reason of this, if we look into the heavens, they are concave, and if we were to look into a gulf as bottomless, it would be concave also. 

The sky is curved downward to the earth in the horizon, because I stand in the plain. I draw down its skirts. 

The stars so low there seem loth to go away from me, but by a circuitous path to be remembering and returning to me. 

H. D Thoreau, Journal, August 24, 1841

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts Last 30 Days.

The week ahead in Henry’s journal

The week ahead in Henry’s journal
A journal, a book that shall contain a record of all your joy.
"A stone fruit. Each one yields me a thought." ~ H. D. Thoreau, March 28, 1859


I sit on this rock
wrestling with the melody
that possesses me.