Thursday, November 26, 2015

First ice


November 26. 

Bottom of boat covered with ice. 

The ice next the shore bears me and my boat.

November 26, 2015



H. D. Thoreau, Journal, November 26, 1855

Bottom of boat covered with ice.  See November 26, 1857 ("Got my boat up this afternoon. . . . One end had frozen in.”)  See also  November 24, 1855 ("Ice has frozen pretty thick in the bottom of my boat.”): November 24, 1853 ("Ice forms in my boat.”); December 2, 1854 ("Got up my boat and housed it, ice having formed about it.”); 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts Last 30 Days.

The week ahead in Henry’s journal

The week ahead in Henry’s journal
A journal, a book that shall contain a record of all your joy.
"A stone fruit. Each one yields me a thought." ~ H. D. Thoreau, March 28, 1859


I sit on this rock
wrestling with the melody
that possesses me.