New and collected mind-prints. by Zphx. Following H.D.Thoreau 170 years ago today. Seasons are in me. My moods periodical -- no two days alike.
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Snow now drifting.
February 19.
Snow maybe near a foot deep, and now drifting.
H. D. Thoreau, Journal, February 19, 1860
See February 19, 1852 ("Everywhere snow, gathered into sloping drifts about the walls and fences . . . cold, unvaried snow, stretching mile after mile, and no place to sit."); February 19, 1856 (" I think if the drifts could be fairly measured it might be found to be seventeen or eighteen inches deep on a level. ")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts Last 30 Days.
-
If you make the least correct observation of nature . . . the season and life itself is prolonged. Henry Thoreau, April 7, 1853 Marc...
-
For the first time I perceive this spring that the year is a circle. I would make a chart of our life, know why just this circle of creat...
-
This bright moonlight night an owl heard from my chamber — a loud, piercing scream. HDT ~ September 23, 1855 October 28 As I paddle under th...
-
September 21 September 21, 2015 P. M. — To Cliffs. Asclepias Cornuti discounting. The seeded parachutes which I release soon come to...
"A stone fruit. Each one yields me a thought." ~ H. D. Thoreau, March 28, 1859
No comments:
Post a Comment